- 2 or 3 slices stale bread or old toast
- 1 spoonful chopped bacon (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 slosh milk or water or fizzy water
- 1 spoonful chopped (hard) cheese (optional)
- 1 chopped spring onion (scallion) (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
Cut the bread (and bacon) into cubes
and fry in oil.
Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Mix in the cheese or onion (optional).
When the bread is golden add the mixture to the frying pan.
Flip and fold as required until a bit brown.
Place immediately in mouth!
to avoid that crunchy effect deshell the eggs before using!
See also Bauernfrühstück
and farmer's breakfast.